Camping, Yoga & Walking Retreat at Camp Plas
This is a retreat with a difference – taking you back to nature and back to basics.
Allow yourself to connect with your roots, with mother earth. This is a self catering camping retreat during which you’ll be staying in a stunning setting at a greener camping site in Mid Wales, doing plenty of yoga and meditation, walking the famous Ann Griffiths and Glyndwr’s ways and taking some refreshing dips in the beautiful river.
Everything is outdoors; we have a lovely open sided barn to use for yoga or plenty of open fields and riverbanks if the weather is kind to us. The setting is absolutely beautiful, completely quiet and wonderful in a valley by a river. All camping pitches are in the meadow by the river (except campervan pitches) and as this is a greener camping site, there will only be a few pitches available and lots of space between tents.
This retreat will be raw and beautiful, filled with making memories, gazing stars, dancing in the wild flower meadows (if you so choose), feeling the earth beneath your feet and connecting with all elements. Come alone or with friends, this will be time to connect and share, to let go and find a real connection.
Please note: This is a self catering retreat, you need to bring your own tent and food, which is reflected in the price. However some basic ingredients and snacks are included. This retreat is inclusive of all so vegetables, meat, eggs and dairy will be present on site. This is also a sheep farm which cares for its animals and their welfare.
Hidden away in the heart of Wales near lake Vyrnwy, Camp Plas is a haven for animal lovers, walkers and those who simply want to get a little closer to nature. Each pitch is nestled within a beautiful wild flower meadow next to river Vyrnwy (apart from campervan pitches which are on the next field), with its own fire pit area that’s perfect for fireside story-telling and star-gazing. Facilities include wonderful warm showers, communal kitchen area with gas hob, and flushing toilets.
You will need to bring your own tent unless you book on for the one glamping hut – the boat shed which is absolutely stunning. This is a greener camping site and as a special treat for my first retreat you will receive the Greener Camping Club annual membership (one per pitch – value £10) which allows you to stay at other Greener Camping Club sites throughout the year.
For more information about this place:
Dogs are welcome but must be kept on lead.
Sorry no children under 16 on this retreat.
Schedule and what to expect
- Arrivals from 14:00 on Friday. You can arrive anytime from 14:00 on Friday to set up camp and chill out. You will receive a welcome drink and a snack pack for the weekend on arrival.
- First yoga session early evening – a flow yoga session to ease your body after the journey, connecting your feet firmly onto the earth, leaving what was behind and arrive in this beautiful place for our weekend together. If the weather allows we will walk up a small hill next to the site and do our yoga session at the top of the hill which allows us to feel the freedom and connect with nature and our wild souls.
- Optional yoga nidra (deep relaxation) under the summer night sky (or barn) later in the evening.
- We will greet the morning with a qigong inspired flow in the meadow by the river. After breakfast we will head for our first walk of the weekend exploring the famous walks which we start and finish from the site as the path runs along the site! This is the longer walk during which we have plenty of rests along the river to cool off, to have a snack, and do some yoga.
- After we return from our walk, you have free time to relax, take a dip in the river, have a nap, read or whatever takes your fancy.
- On Saturday early evening we have another longer yoga session. This is going to be a nice gentle flow and yin style practice to relax you after an active day.
- We will close Saturday evening with a meal (this will be a joint meal if circumstances allow) by the campfire and mythical story telling
- This place is perfect for star gazing so we can enjoy a magical evening under the stars
- We will start Sunday a bit later with a chilled slow flow yoga practice before breakfast.
- After breakfast we will head for our second walk of the retreat which is shorter and includes some lovely spots for wild dipping in the river.
- We will finish the weekend retreat with a closing meditation. Departure on Sunday by 14:00.
Lake Vyrnwy is located only 15 minute drive away from the site offering water sports (paddleboarding, kayak and canoe) for adults and children. As my friends run the hire place I can organise hire in advance as the site can get quite busy in the summer. This is at an extra cost. There are also lovely walks by the lake and I can recommend routes and places to visit after the retreat.
If you want to stay extra nights before or after the retreat, please let me know and I will guide you on how to book.
- Pitch price £275 if shared with a friend or £175 single occupancy of a whole pitch
- Glamping hut £375 max two people, double bed. This hut has its own balcony overlooking the river, bed, bedding, kitchen, log burner, private toilet in the hut and own dedicated shower in the shower block.
- Deposit of £80 is payable on booking, final balance is 60 days before retreat (payment plans available -please get in touch to discuss). Please see full terms and conditions here.
What is included
- 2 nights in this stunning greener camping camp site
- Use of communal areas for cooking, shower and flushing toilets.
- All yoga and meditation sessions
- Guided walks with local information and nature bathing
- Snacks such as granola bars, fruit, nuts, eggs, porridge oats, spices and herbs for cooking, jam, honey, herbal teas, coffee
What is not included
- Tent (unless you are staying in the glamping hut)
- Food – this retreat is self catering but I will provide some ingredients and snacks as stated above. This enables me to run the retreat even if restrictions are in place. You have an opportunity to go to a café on Saturday at Lake Vyrnwy if you wish and the site sells some local produce such as meat for BBQs.
- Travel to and from the retreat.
- Travel insurance
About the yoga and teachers
I teamed up on this retreat with the beautiful Mel Monks – a yoga teacher with whom I have a very similar ethos. We will both offer sessions throughout the retreat – so you will have different things to try. We both embrace nature connection and seasonal living and will share this from our hearts!
You will find more about Mel on her website here Melissa Monks Yoga
A message from Anja:
I’m Anja, yoga&mindfulness teacher based in Wales. I love nothing more than being in nature and walking in the beautiful surroundings of my home valleys of Mid Wales. I offer a safe space for your yoga practice, and a nurturing guidance to support your health and wellbeing. Yoga is for every body and every soul – I offer a blend of styles from gentle flow to stronger physical practice and relaxing yin yoga.
I also want you to have some fun on the mat – not only as a result of my bad jokes but also during your exploration on the mat. A little playful light-heartedness is oh so important for us adults.
I am passionate about sharing yoga in the outdoors, embracing the seasons and connecting with nature. As an environmental scientist and having grown up around the forests in Finland, I love sharing things about rivers, trees and nature with you during one of our walks.
A message from Mel:
Hi I’m Mel and I have been fortunate enough to teach yoga classes, workshops and retreats for the past 8 years! My teaching is inspired by many different styles of yoga including Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin and Seasonal Yoga. I integrate both philosophy and anatomy into my teaching, and I am influenced by the seasons and how this relates to the natural cycles in nature, our energy levels, organs in the body and our diet.
My intention is to help people feel great, in both body and mind, and to create a space for you to feel supported and concentrate on your well-being. Above all, my teaching has a real sense of fun and community spirit. We are friendly, we laugh and we don’t take things too seriously!
I am also a Holistic Lifestyle and Nutrition coach, and love helping clients to make positive changes in all elements of their life and well-being. Emotionally, mentally, physically, spiritually and energetically. This holistic approach is something that I incorporate into my teachings and personal life.
Initial Booking – Camping, yoga and walking weekend retreat
Friday 30 July – Sunday 1 August 2021
Make your initial booking below and pay the deposit (£80) to secure your spot or pay your full balance straight away. Please note all new bookings after 31 May 2021 require full payment on booking. Please read the T&Cs for further information.
Final Balance – Camping, yoga and walking weekend retreat
Friday 30 July – Sunday 1 August 2021
Use this form if you have paid your deposit on booking and need to pay your final balance. Do not use this form for a new booking.