Camping, Yoga & Walking Weekend Retreat
10 – 12 June 2022
Camp Plas, Mid Wales
Welcome to a retreat with a difference – taking you back to nature and back to basics.
Allow yourself to connect with your roots, with mother earth. This is a self catering camping retreat during which you’ll be staying in a stunning setting at a greener camping site in Mid Wales, doing plenty of yoga and meditation, walking the famous Ann Griffiths and Glyndwr’s ways and taking some refreshing dips in the beautiful river.
Everything is outdoors; we have a lovely open sided barn to use for our yoga and meditation practice or plenty of open fields and riverbanks if the weather is kind to us. The setting is absolutely beautiful, completely quiet and wonderful in a valley by a river. All camping pitches are in the meadow by the river (except campervan pitches which are on the next field with stunning views) and as this is a greener camping site, there will only be a few pitches available and oodles of space between pitches. The whole site is booked for the retreat so there will only be people on site who are part of our retreat.
This retreat will be raw and beautiful, filled with making memories, gazing at stars (it is one of the best places for star gazing in the UK!), dancing in the wild flower meadows (if you so choose), feeling the earth beneath your feet and connecting with all elements especially earth during our walks. Come alone or with friends, this will be time to connect and share, to let go of stress and worries and find a real connection – with yourself, with nature and with other like minded people.
*Please note – This is a self-catering retreat, you need to bring your own tent (unless you are staying in the boatshed or one of the two kitted bell tents) and food, which is reflected in the price. However some basic ingredients and snacks are included throughout the retreat. This retreat is inclusive of all with respect to each other.
About the campsite and its owners
Hidden away in the heart of Wales near lake Vyrnwy, Camp Plas is a haven for animal lovers, walkers and those who simply want to get a little closer to nature. Each pitch is nestled within a beautiful wild flower meadow next to river Vyrnwy (apart from campervan pitches which are on the next field), with its own fire pit area that’s perfect for fireside story-telling and star-gazing. Facilities include wonderful warm rain showers, flushing toilets and a communal kitchen area with gas hob, big fridge, kettle and microwave.
The site is a sheep farm which cares for its animals and their welfare. The owners, Charlotte and Barney keep rare breed sheep on site, most of them have names and you might find Charlotte cuddling a sheep from time to time…. They also have 3 dogs and a cat, pigs and plenty of chickens.
You will need to bring your own tent unless you book on for the one glamping hut or one of two kitted bell tents. This is a greener camping site and I can’t emphasise enough what a difference it makes, the pitches are very spacious and beautiful.
For more information about this place: https://www.camp-plas.com/ or follow them on instagram @camp_plas
Dogs are welcome but must be kept on lead. Sorry no children under 16 on this retreat.
About the yoga and teachers
I teamed up on this retreat with the lovely Mel Monks – a yoga teacher with whom I have a very similar ethos. We will both offer sessions throughout the retreat – so you will have different things to try. We both embrace nature connection and seasonal living and will share this from our hearts!
You will find more about Mel on her website here Melissa Monks Yoga
A message from Anja:
I’m Anja, yoga & mindfulness teacher based in Wales. I love nothing more than being in nature and walking in the beautiful surroundings of my home valleys of Mid Wales. I offer a safe space for your yoga practice, and a nurturing guidance to support your health and wellbeing. Yoga is for every body and every soul – I offer a blend of styles from gentle flow to stronger physical practice and relaxing yin yoga.
I also want you to have some fun on the mat – not only as a result of my bad jokes but also during your exploration on the mat. A little playful light-heartedness is oh so important for us adults.
I am passionate about sharing yoga in the outdoors, embracing the seasons and connecting with nature. As an environmental scientist and having grown up around the forests in Finland, I love sharing things about rivers, trees and nature with you during one of our walks.
A message from Mel:
Hi I’m Mel and I have been fortunate enough to teach yoga classes, workshops and retreats for the past 8 years! My teaching is inspired by many different styles of yoga including Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin and Seasonal Yoga. I integrate both philosophy and anatomy into my teaching, and I am influenced by the seasons and how this relates to the natural cycles in nature, our energy levels, organs in the body and our diet.
My intention is to help people feel great, in both body and mind, and to create a space for you to feel supported and concentrate on your well-being. Above all, my teaching has a real sense of fun and community spirit. We are friendly, we laugh and we don’t take things too seriously!
I am also a Holistic Lifestyle and Nutrition coach, and love helping clients to make positive changes in all elements of their life and well-being. Emotionally, mentally, physically, spiritually and energetically. This holistic approach is something that I incorporate into my teachings and personal life.
Schedule and what to expect
- Arrivals from 14:00 on Friday. You can arrive anytime from 14:00 on Friday to set up camp and chill out. You will receive a welcome drink and a snack pack for the weekend on arrival.
- We have our welcome circle and first yoga session early evening – a flow yoga session to ease your body after the journey, connecting your feet firmly onto the earth, leaving what was behind and arrive in this beautiful place for our weekend together.
- Optional yoga nidra (deep relaxation) under the summer night sky (or barn) later in the evening.
- Saturday is walking day! Depending on the size of the group, there will be 2 walk times available. Those who walk in the morning, have a yoga session in the afternoon and those who walk in the afternoon have a morning yoga session. The walks start and finish from site and are along the local paths mainly along the river but also includes some hills. A qualified local walking guide will take you safely on your walk.
- You have plenty of free time to relax, take a dip in the river, have a nap, read or whatever takes your fancy.
- Massages available to book in the afternoon at extra cost
- On Saturday early evening we have a longer yoga session. This is going to be a nice gentle flow and yin style practice to relax you after an active day.
- On Saturday evening we welcome you to join for a joint meal/bbq and connect with like-minded people or enjoy some quiet time by your tent
- This place is perfect for star gazing so we can enjoy a magical evening under the stars
- We will start Sunday a bit later with a chilled slow flow yoga practice and closing meditation
- Departure on Sunday by 12:00
- You have an option for a second local walk with us after packing your tent and things away or maybe head to Lake Vyrnwy to explore the trails there
Lake Vyrnwy is located only 15 minute drive away from the site offering water sports (paddleboarding, kayak and canoe) for adults and children. As my friends run the hire place I can organise hire in advance as the site can get quite busy in the summer. This is at an extra cost. There are also lovely walks by the lake and I can recommend routes and places to visit after the retreat.
If you want to stay extra nights before or after the retreat, please let me know and I will guide you on how to book.
Pitch Types and Prices
- Tent/Campervan pitch: £295 if shared with a friend (£147.50 per person) or £195 single occupancy of a whole pitch. Each extra person £100. Maximum 4 people per pitch. You need to bring your own tent/campervan. Max one large tent or 2 small tents per pitch or one campervan per pitch
- Basic kitted bell tent: £345 if shared with a friend (£172.50 per person) or £245 single occupancy of the tent. This tent is on the main camping field by the river and is a 5 meter bell tent set up for you with a high quality double air bed, bedding, towels, table and chairs and outdoor seat. Each extra person £100. Maximum 4 people (one double bed and two singles)
- Fully kitted bell tent: £395 if shared with a friend (£197.50 per person) or £295 single occupancy of the tent. This tent is in the woods in a more secluded location but still close to the site. This is a fully kitted bell tent set up for you with a proper bed, small basic cooking area and its own private compost toilet. Please note, there are steps to this tent and it is about 200 meters from the shower block. This is for someone who wants a little bit more privacy. Each extra person £100. Maximum 4 people (one double bed and two singles) .
- Glamping hut/boatshed: £445 for maximum 2 people (£222.50 per person), no discounts for single occupancy. This is the real deal, a stunning hut with its own balcony overlooking the river. It is beautifully decorated with its own bed, bedding, kitchen, log burner, private toilet in the hut. The hut also has its own private beach by the river. Here is the link to the boatshed: https://www.camp-plas.com/the-boatshed
Deposit of £80 is payable on booking, final balance is 60 days before retreat (payment plans available -please get in touch to discuss). Please see full terms and conditions here.
What is included
- 2 nights in this stunning greener camping camp site with so much space
- Use of communal areas for cooking, beautiful warm rain showers and flushing toilets.
- All yoga classes and workshops stated in the programme throughout the retreat
- Guided walk by a local walking guide on Saturday and a joint walk on Sunday
- Fire wood on each pitch
- Welcome drink and cake and welcome snacks such as granola bars, fruit and nuts.
- Basic cooking ingredients: eggs, porridge oats, granola, local jam and honey, yogi teas, coffees throughout the retreat. Spices and herbs for cooking and basic ingredients such as pulses, rice and pasta
What is not included
- Tent (unless you are staying in one of the two kitted bell tents or glamping hut)
- Food – this retreat is self catering but I will provide some ingredients and snacks as stated above.
- Travel to and from the retreat.
- Travel insurance
Camping, yoga and walking weekend retreat
Friday 10 – Sunday 12 June 2022
Make your initial booking below and pay the non refundable deposit (£80) to secure your spot. Please read the T&Cs for further information.