Summer Solstice Camping & Yoga
3 Day Retreat
23 – 26 June 2022
Camp Plas, Mid Wales
Welcome the light – nurture your soul
Welcome to a retreat with a difference – taking you back to nature and back to basics. Allow yourself to connect with your roots, with mother earth. This is a self catering camping retreat during which you’ll be staying in a stunning setting at a greener camping site in Mid Wales, doing plenty of yoga and meditation, welcoming the light and longest days of the year and taking some refreshing dips in the beautiful river.
Everything is outdoors; we have a lovely open sided barn to use for our yoga and meditation practice or plenty of open fields and riverbanks if the weather is kind to us. The setting is absolutely beautiful, completely quiet and wonderful in a valley by a river. All camping pitches are in the meadow by the river (except campervan pitches which are on the next field with stunning views) and as this is a greener camping site, there will only be a few pitches available and oodles of space between pitches. The whole site is booked for the retreat so there will only be people on site who are part of our retreat.
This retreat will be raw and beautiful, filled with making memories, gazing at stars (it is one of the best places for star gazing in the UK!), dancing in the wild flower meadows (if you so choose), feeling the earth beneath your feet and connecting with all elements especially earth during our walks. Come alone or with friends, this will be time to connect and share, to let go of stress and worries and find a real connection – with yourself, with nature and with other like minded people.
*Please note – This is a self-catering retreat, you need to bring your own tent (unless you are staying in the boatshed or one of the two kitted bell tents) and food, which is reflected in the price. However some basic ingredients and snacks are included throughout the retreat. This retreat is inclusive of all with respect to each other.
About the campsite and its owners
Hidden away in the heart of Wales near lake Vyrnwy, Camp Plas is a haven for animal lovers, walkers and those who simply want to get a little closer to nature. Each pitch is nestled within a beautiful wild flower meadow next to river Vyrnwy (apart from campervan pitches which are on the next field), with its own fire pit area that’s perfect for fireside story-telling and star-gazing. Facilities include wonderful warm rain showers, flushing toilets and a communal kitchen area with gas hob, big fridge, kettle and microwave.
The site is a sheep farm which cares for its animals and their welfare. The owners, Charlotte and Barney keep rare breed sheep on site, most of them have names and you might find Charlotte cuddling a sheep from time to time…. They also have 3 dogs and a cat, pigs and plenty of chickens.
You will need to bring your own tent unless you book on for the one glamping hut or one of two kitted bell tents. This is a greener camping site and I can’t emphasise enough what a difference it makes, the pitches are very spacious and beautiful.
For more information about this place: https://www.camp-plas.com/ or follow them on instagram @camp_plas
Dogs are welcome but must be kept on lead. Sorry no children under 16 on this retreat.
About the yoga and teachers
I teamed up on this retreat with the lovely Adrienne Hanson – a yoga teacher with whom I have a very similar ethos. We will both offer sessions throughout the retreat – so you will have different things to try. We both embrace nature connection and seasonal living and will share this from our hearts!
You will find more about Adrienne on her website Planted Wellbeing Yoga
A message from Anja:
I’m Anja, yoga & mindfulness teacher based in Wales. I love nothing more than being in nature and walking in the beautiful surroundings of my home valleys of Mid Wales. I offer a safe space for your yoga practice, and a nurturing guidance to support your health and wellbeing. Yoga is for every body and every soul – I offer a blend of styles from gentle flow to stronger physical practice and relaxing yin yoga.
I also want you to have some fun on the mat – not only as a result of my bad jokes but also during your exploration on the mat. A little playful light-heartedness is oh so important for us adults.
I am passionate about sharing yoga in the outdoors, embracing the seasons and connecting with nature. As an environmental scientist and having grown up around the forests in Finland, I love sharing things about rivers, trees and nature. I am hoping to share some Scaninavian Summer Solstice traditions with you during this retreat.
A message from Adrienne:
Hi, I’m Adrienne, I’m based in Staffordshire and I teach Hatha yoga, Yin yoga and Yoga Nidra. My teaching philosophy is that yoga is for every body and my classes are lighthearted, welcoming and friendly. Creaky bones and wobbly legs are all welcome!
I hope to provide a warm and welcoming environment in which you have space to explore and nurture your whole self, through movement, breath and meditation, in order to discover your own inner beauty. My aim is to make people feel good in their own skin, to be confident in their abilities and to enjoy being part of a community.
When I’m not on my Yoga mat, I love to get out into nature. Whether walking my dogs, or camping with my family, it’s great to take time to switch off and unwind. I am also often found in the kitchen, I cook to relax and allow my mind to slow down (and the kitchen is where the cake is kept😋).
Schedule and what to expect
Thursday – Arrive
- Arrivals from 17:00 on Thursday to set up camp and chill out. You will receive a welcome drink and a snack pack for the weekend on arrival.
- Welcome circle, meditation and yoga nidra (deep relaxation) under the summer night sky (or yoga barn) once everyone has arrived
Friday – Settle
- We will greet the morning with a qigong inspired flow and hatha yoga in the meadow by the river. Depending on the size of the group we have two morning sessions available: one for those who like doing an early morning yoga and one for those who love a lie in
- Option for a post yoga wild dip in the river on site
- Afternoon seasonal mini workshops: pranayama, guided meditation, forest bathing, seasonal wellbeing, journalling
- Friday evening fireside yin yoga practice. Cosying around the fires, a beautiful slow yin yoga for the season to close the day.
- This place is perfect for star gazing so we can enjoy a magical evening under the stars
Saturday – Explore
- We will head for a short walk up the nearby hill to do our morning practice with views around the beautiful surrounding hills (this is weather dependent). A real energiser to start the day with qigong and seasonal hatha yoga. During our walk we will pick some wild flowers and create a traditional Scandinavian wild flower crown
- Option for wild swimming on site
- Thai Yoga massages, acupressure massages and one to one yoga available throughout the afternoon
- Hatha yoga practice
- On Saturday evening we welcome you to join for a joint meal/bbq and connect with like-minded people or enjoy some quiet time by your tent
Sunday – Relax
- Sunday is time to relax so we enjoy a slower flow practice and closing meditation with intention setting to close our retreat together
- Departures by 12:00 on Sunday
- When paying your final balance, you can add a paddleboarding session to your booking for Sunday afternoon. Spaces for these are limited and must be booked and paid for when paying your final balance. The sessions are for 90 minutes at the nearby Lake Vyrnwy and cost £25 per person including paddleboard hire and a paddleboard lesson with a qualified instructor,
If you want to stay extra nights before or after the retreat, please let me know and I will guide you on how to book.
Pitch Types and Prices
- Tent/Campervan pitch: £395 if shared with a friend (£197.50 per person) or £295 single occupancy of a whole pitch. Each extra person £100. Maximum 4 people per pitch. You need to bring your own tent/campervan. Max one large tent or 2 small tents per pitch or one campervan per pitch
- Basic kitted bell tent: £445 if shared with a friend (£222.50 per person) or £345 single occupancy of the tent. This tent is on the main camping field by the river and is a 5 meter bell tent set up for you with a high quality double air bed, bedding, towels, table and chairs and outdoor seat. Each extra person £100. Maximum 4 people (one double bed and two singles)
- Fully kitted bell tent: £495 if shared with a friend (£247.50 per person) or £395 single occupancy of the tent. This tent is in the woods in a more secluded location but still close to the site. This is a fully kitted bell tent set up for you with a proper bed, small basic cooking area and its own private compost toilet. Please note, there are steps to this tent and it is about 200 meters from the shower block. This is for someone who wants a little bit more privacy. Each extra person £100. Maximum 4 people (one double bed and two singles) .
- Glamping hut/boatshed: £545 for maximum 2 people (£272.50 per person), no discounts for single occupancy. This is the real deal, a stunning hut with its own balcony overlooking the river. It is beautifully decorated with its own bed, bedding, kitchen, log burner, private toilet in the hut. The hut also has its own private beach by the river. Here is the link to the boatshed: https://www.camp-plas.com/the-boatshed
Deposit of £80 is payable on booking, final balance is 60 days before retreat (payment plans available -please get in touch to discuss). Please see full terms and conditions here.
What is included
- 3 nights in this stunning greener camping camp site with so much space
- Use of communal areas for cooking, beautiful warm rain showers and flushing toilets.
- All yoga classes and workshops stated in the programme throughout the retreat
- Guided walk up the local hill on Saturday morning and a craft workshop
- One 20 minute one to one session or massage
- Fire wood on each pitch
- Welcome drink and cake and welcome snacks such as granola bars, fruit and nuts.
- Basic cooking ingredients: eggs, porridge oats, granola, local jam and honey, yogi teas, coffees throughout the retreat. Spices and herbs for cooking and basic ingredients such as pulses, rice and pasta
What is not included
- Tent (unless you are staying in one of the two kitted bell tents or glamping hut)
- Food – this retreat is self catering but I will provide some ingredients and snacks as stated above.
- Travel to and from the retreat.
- Travel insurance
Summer Solstice Camping & Yoga Retreat
Thursday 23 – Sunday 26 June 2022
Make your initial booking below and pay the non refundable deposit (£80) to secure your spot. Please read the T&Cs for further information.