Family Camping & Yoga Weekend Retreat
22 – 24 July 2022
Camp Plas, Mid Wales
Welcome to a retreat with a difference – taking you back to nature and back to basics.
Allow yourself to connect with your roots, with mother earth. This is a self catering camping retreat during which you’ll be staying in a stunning setting at a greener camping site in Mid Wales. A weekend of family yoga, kids yoga, adults yoga and meditation, craft workshops, splashing in the river for a wild swim and going for nature walks.
Everything is outdoors; we have a lovely open sided barn to use for our yoga and meditation practice or plenty of open fields and riverbanks if the weather is kind to us. The setting is absolutely beautiful, completely quiet and wonderful in a valley by a river. All camping pitches are in the meadow by the river and as this is a greener camping site, there will only be a few pitches available and oodles of space between pitches. The whole site is booked for the retreat so there will only be people on site who are part of our retreat.
This retreat will be raw and beautiful, filled with making memories, gazing at stars (it is one of the best places for star gazing in the UK!), dancing in the wild flower meadows (if you so choose), feeling the earth beneath your feet and connecting with all elements especially earth during our walks. Bring your whole family, this will be time to connect and share, to let go of stress and worries and find a real connection – with yourself, your family, with nature and with other like minded people.
*Please note – This is a self-catering retreat, you need to bring your own tent (unless you are staying in the boatshed or one of the two kitted bell tents) and food, which is reflected in the price. However some basic ingredients and snacks are included throughout the retreat. This retreat is inclusive of all with respect to each other.
About the campsite and its owners
Hidden away in the heart of Wales near lake Vyrnwy, Camp Plas is a haven for animal lovers, walkers and those who simply want to get a little closer to nature. Each pitch is nestled within a beautiful wild flower meadow next to river Vyrnwy with its own fire pit area that’s perfect for fireside story-telling and star-gazing. Facilities include wonderful warm rain showers, flushing toilets and a communal kitchen area with gas hob, big fridge, kettle and microwave.
The site is a sheep farm which cares for its animals and their welfare. The owners, Charlotte and Barney keep rare breed sheep on site, most of them have names and you might find Charlotte cuddling a sheep from time to time…. They also have 3 dogs and a cat, pigs and plenty of chickens.
You will need to bring your own tent unless you book on for the one glamping hut or one of two kitted bell tents. This is a greener camping site and I can’t emphasise enough what a difference it makes, the pitches are very spacious and beautiful.
For more information about this place: https://www.camp-plas.com/ or follow them on instagram @camp_plas
Dogs are welcome but must be kept on lead
About the yoga and teachers
I teamed up on this retreat with the wonderful Julia Hankins – a children’s and family yoga teacher. We will both offer sessions throughout the retreat and there will be separate and joint yoga and meditation for adults and children. A chance for adults to unwind whilst the children are being entertained and plenty of yoga and craft activities for children too. You will receive a short form to fill about a month before the retreat to enable us to plan the activities based on the ages of the children. All ages are welcome!
You will find more about Julia on her webiste here Julia Hankins Wellbeing
A hello from Anja
I’m Anja, adults yoga&mindfulness teacher based in Wales. I offer a safe space for your practice, and a nurturing guidance to support your health and wellbeing. Yoga is for every body and every soul – I offer a blend of styles from gentle flow to stronger physical practice and relaxing yin yoga. I also want you to have some fun on the mat – not only as a result of my bad jokes but also during your exploration on the mat. A little playful light-heartedness is oh so important for us adults. I am passionate about sharing yoga in the outdoors, embracing the seasons and connecting with nature. Growing up around the forests in Finland, I aim to share this passion for true connection to nature with you.
I am also a fairy and elfin artist and love sharing my magical and mythical stories and makes with you – whether you are an adult or a child!
A hello from Julia
Hi! I’m Julia children and family yoga teacher!
I am a mom of two and am passionate about all things wellbeing and wildlife!
My background is in education- I am also a Well-Being Education Consultant. I also used to be a volunteer educator for Warwickshire Wildlife trust and have been a qualified primary teacher for 20 years.
My yoga and mindfulness sessions with children and families are built around connection- with ourselves and each other. I weave in themes about nature and love to include mindful craft activities into my sessions.
I can’t wait to share some yoga fun with you and your family!
Schedule and what to expect
- Arrivals from 14:00 on Friday. You can arrive anytime from 14:00 on Friday to set up camp and chill out. You will receive a welcome drink on arrival.
- We will gather together on Friday evening to connect and arrive, leaving what was behind and come together in this beautiful place for our weekend and plant our feet firmly to the earth.
- Optional Yoga Nidra (deep relaxation) under the summer night sky (or barn) later in the evening
- The schedule will be displayed on site on arrival as it depends on number of people attending the retreat and the age group of children
- Saturday will be a festival feel day with activities throughout the day both for children and adults but with plenty of time to relax too. The day will consist of: Morning yoga session for adults and children, yoga and nature craft sessions for children, nature bathing and wild swimming for adults, storytelling, meditation sessions and more. We will offer variety of times to choose from to suit your family needs.
- We will close Saturday evening by a joint campfire, bbq if you so wish and relaxing in good company
- This place is perfect for star gazing so you can enjoy a magical evening under the stars.
- We will start Sunday a bit later with a fun filled family yoga session
- There is an opportunity to go for a local walk (not guided) or just have a chilled Sunday morning, dipping in for a wild swim in the river or connect with others
- Departure on Sunday by 12:00.
Lake Vyrnwy is located only 15 minute drive away from the site offering water sports (paddleboarding, kayak and canoe) for adults and children. As my friends run the hire place I can organise hire in advance as the site can get quite busy in the summer. This is at an extra cost. There are also lovely walks by the lake and I can recommend routes and places to visit after the retreat.
If you want to stay extra nights before or after the retreat, please let me know and I will guide you on how to book.
Pitch Types and Prices
- Tent/Campervan pitch: £295 for the family. You need to bring your own tent/campervan. Max one large tent or 2 small tents per pitch or one campervan per pitch
- Basic kitted bell tent: £345 for the family. This tent is on the main camping field by the river and is a 5 meter bell tent set up for you with a high quality double air bed, bedding, towels, table and chairs and outdoor seat. Maximum 2 adults and 3 children (there is one double bed and two larger singles)
- Fully kitted bell tent: £395 for the family. This tent is in the woods in a more secluded location but still close to the site. This is a fully kitted bell tent set up for you with a proper bed, small basic cooking area and its own private compost toilet. Please note, there are steps to this tent and it is about 200 meters from the shower block. This is for someone who wants a little bit more privacy. Maximum 2 adults and 2 children (one double bed and two singles) .
- Glamping hut/boatshed: £445 for the family. This is the real deal, a stunning hut with its own balcony overlooking the river. It is beautifully decorated with its own bed, bedding, kitchen, log burner, private toilet in the hut. The hut also has its own private beach by the river. Here is the link to the boatshed: https://www.camp-plas.com/the-boatshed Maximum 2 adults and 2 children (one double bed and one double sofa bed).
Deposit of £80 is payable on booking, final balance is 60 days before retreat (payment plans available -please get in touch to discuss). Please see full terms and conditions here.
What is included
- 2 nights in this stunning greener camping camp site with so much space
- Use of communal areas for cooking, beautiful warm rain showers and flushing toilets.
- All yoga classes and workshops stated in the programme for children and adults including throughout the retreat
- Fire wood on each pitch
- Welcome drink and cake
- Basic cooking ingredients: eggs, porridge oats, granola, local jam and honey, yogi teas, coffees throughout the retreat. Spices and herbs for cooking and basic ingredients such as pulses, rice and pasta
What is not included
- Tent (unless you are staying in one of the two kitted bell tents or glamping hut)
- Food – this retreat is self catering but I will provide some ingredients and snacks as stated above.
- Travel to and from the retreat.
- Travel insurance
Family camping & yoga weekend retreat
Friday 22 – Sunday 24 July 2022
Make your initial booking below and pay the non refundabe deposit (£80) to secure your spot. Please read the T&Cs for further information.