Camping and Yoga Retreats at Camp Plas, Mid Wales
2024 retreat: 5-7 July 2024 – Yoga& Walking Retreat with Mel *bookings open Friday 17 November*
Welcome to nurture your soul
Welcome to a retreat with a difference – taking you back to nature and back to basics. Allow yourself to connect with your roots, with mother earth. During your retreat you’ll be staying in a stunning setting at Camp Plas, a greener campsite nestled in a valley in Mid Wales. The retreats offer plenty of yoga practices suitable for all, relaxation and maybe taking some refreshing dips in the beautiful river which runs along the site.
Everything is outdoors for a true connection to nature; we have a lovely open sided barn to use for our yoga and meditation practice or plenty of wild flower meadows and riverbanks if the weather is kind to us. The setting is absolutely beautiful, completely quiet and wonderful in a valley by a river. All camping pitches are in the meadow by the river (except campervan pitches which are on the next field with stunning views) and as this is a greener camping site, there will only be a few pitches available and oodles of space between pitches.
The whole site is booked for the retreat so there will only be people on site who are part of our retreat.
This retreat will be raw and beautiful, filled with making memories, gazing at stars (it is one of the best places for star gazing in the UK!), dancing in the wild flower meadows (if you so choose), feeling the earth beneath your feet and connecting with all elements. Come alone or with friends, this will be time to connect and share, to let go of stress and worries and find a real connection – with yourself, with nature and with other like minded people.
*Please note – This is a self-catering retreat, you need to bring your own tent (unless you are staying in one of the set units – see below) and main food, which is reflected in the price. Some basic ingredients and snacks are included throughout the retreat. This retreat is inclusive of all with respect to each other.
Camping, Yoga & Walking Retreat
5-7 July 2024
Join Mel (Melissa Monks Yoga) and I for a weekend of connecting through movement on the yoga mat and a guided walk along the famous Ann Griffiths and Glyndwrs Ways which pass along Camp Plas.
We are in our 4th year of running these beautiful weekends togehter and we look forward to welcoming you in this special place which means a lot to us both. The yoga practices we will be doing are complimentary to walking and we want to create an atmosphere of connection and joy – a real summer holiday feel.
During the retreat you also have the opportunity to go wild swimming in the river which runs along the site.
Read more about the retreat and site below!
Timetable and what to expect
Please note, these might change slightly due to weather. The below is to give you an idea of the rhythm for the retreat.
Friday – Settle
- Arrivals from 14:00 on Friday to set up camp and chill out. You will receive a welcome drink and cake on arrival.
- Welcome circle, meditation and yoga nidra (deep relaxation) under the summer night sky (or yoga barn)
Saturday – Explore
- Early morning qigong by the river
- Morning flow yoga in the barn
- Guided walk from site on the walking retreat and workshops on other retreats
- Evening yin yoga around the fire
- Joint BBQ
Sunday – Relax
- Sunday is time to relax so we enjoy a slower flow practice and closing meditation with intention setting to close our retreat together
- Departures by 12:00 on Sunday
- When paying your final balance, you can add a guided paddleboarding session to your booking for Sunday afternoon. Spaces for these are limited and must be booked and paid for when paying your final balance. The sessions are for 90 minutes at the nearby Lake Vyrnwy and cost £30 per person including paddleboard hire and a paddleboard lesson with a qualified instructor, Emma.
- If you want to stay extra nights after the retreat, please let me know and I will guide you on how to book.
Pitch Types and Prices
Prices are per person based on 2 sharing. Read more below about options and single occupancy of pitches and types of accommodation. You can book teh basic bell tent as a sharing basis with someone you don’t know, Cuddfan bach and boatshed must be either booked for 2 or with single occupancy.
- Tent/Campervan pitch: Bring your own tent or campervan. The most economic way to enjoy your retreat. You will get a big pitch with plenty of space to yourself. Please note, only one tent or campervan per pitch. £180 per person based on 2 sharing (£360 for the whole pitch for 2) or £230 single occupancy of the whole pitch
- Basic kitted bell tent: These 5 meter bell tents are all pitched and set up for you with 2 comfy single beds and bedding included. They will also be set on the pitches closest to the facilities. £245 per person based on 2 sharing (£490 for the whole tent for 2) or £345 single occupancy of the whole tent.
- Cuddfan Bach bell tent: As you walk up the steps and into the woods you’ll discover Cudffan Bach (Little Hideaway), a luxurious 6m bell tent nestled amongst the trees. Cuddfan Bach enjoys a secluded spot overlooking the farm with beautifully thought out interior including a comfy double bed. The tent is built on a raised decking platform and guests enjoy their own fully stocked outdoor kitchen (included oven, hob and fridge), with running water from a natural spring and a fire pit. Cuddfan Bach has its own composting toilet with showers in the main shower block. For more information go to: https://camp-plas.com/cuddfan-bach. £305 per person based on 2 sharing (£610 for the whole accommodation for 2) or £455 single occupancy.
- The boatshed: This stunning glamping unit is beautifully decorated by the owners with a double bed overlooking the river through glass doors, its own balcony overlooking the river, cooking facilities, as well as a log burner to warm those chilly nights. It also has its on private toilet and sink plus a private outdoor (warm) shower and bath just outside the front door. It is a truly serene spot on the farm with its own private beach access. For more information go to https://camp-plas.com/the-boatshed. £325 per person based on 2 sharing (£650 for the whole boatshed for 2) or £475 for single occupancy
A non refundable deposit of £80 per person is required at booking. The final balance is due 60 days prior to the retreat. Payment plans available, please email email@example.com for further information. Please see full terms and conditions here.
What is included
- 2 nights in this stunning greener camping camp site with plenty of space in and between pitches/units
- Use of the wonderful kitchen for cooking
- Beautiful facilities including warm rain showers and flushing toilets.
- All yoga classes and workshops stated in the programme throughout the retreat
- Guided walk on the walking retreat
- Wild swimming
- Fire wood on each pitch
- Welcome drink and cake
- snacks throughout the retreat such as granola bars, fruit and nuts.
- Basic cooking ingredients: eggs, porridge oats, granola, local jam and honey, yogi teas, coffees throughout the retreat. Spices and herbs for cooking and basic ingredients such as pulses, rice and pasta
What is not included
- Tent (unless you are staying in the bell tents or glamping units)
- Food – this retreat is self catering but I will provide some ingredients and snacks as stated above.
- Travel to and from the retreat.
- Travel insurance
About the campsite and its owners
Hidden away in the heart of Wales near lake Vyrnwy, Camp Plas is a haven for animal lovers, walkers and those who simply want to get a little closer to nature. Each pitch is nestled within a beautiful wild flower meadow next to river Vyrnwy (apart from campervan pitches which are on the next field), with its own fire pit area that’s perfect for fireside story-telling and star-gazing. Facilities include wonderful warm ‘rain’ showers, flushing toilets and a communal kitchen area with gas hob, big fridge, kettle, toaster and microwave. There are plenty of pans, pots, plates, cups and cutlery so you don’t need to bring your own.
The site is a sheep farm which cares for its animals and their welfare. The owners, Charlotte and Barney keep rare breed sheep on site, most of them have names and you might find Charlotte cuddling a sheep from time to time…. They also have 3 dogs and a cat, pigs and plenty of chickens.
For more information about this place: https://www.camp-plas.com/ or follow them on instagram @camp_plas
Dogs are welcome but must be kept on lead – please let us know if you are bringing your dog. Sorry no children under 16 on these retreats.
Team Camp Plas
During the retreats at Camp Plas I team up with some amazing teachers and other experts to bring you a beautiful experience. Meet Adrienne and Mel below in addition to a few words from me. On some of the retreats there are activities included and some optional ones to add. Your wild swimming and paddleboarding guide for the retreats is a local friend, Emma who will bring her fun and relaxed vibe to the sessions. She is a true watersports expert and a mountain leader amongst other things with years of experience under her belt!
A message from Anja:
I’m Anja, yoga & mindfulness teacher based in Wales. I love nothing more than being in nature and walking in the beautiful surroundings of my home valleys of Mid Wales. I offer a safe space for your yoga practice, and a nurturing guidance to support your health and wellbeing. Yoga is for every body and every soul – I offer a blend of styles from gentle flow to stronger physical practice, qigong and relaxing yin yoga. Yin is my thing and what really lights me up!
I also want you to have some fun on the mat – not only as a result of my bad jokes but also during your exploration on the mat. A little playful light-heartedness is oh so important for us adults.
I am passionate about sharing yoga in the outdoors, embracing the seasons and connecting with nature. As an environmental scientist and having grown up around the forests in Finland, I love sharing things about rivers, trees and nature. The most important aspect of my teaching is that you arrive on your mat just as you are, there is no pressure on doing poses and you choose what feels good in your body on the given day. Everything is truly optional. As I say often to my students: I am here to guide you but you are in your body!
A message from Mel:
Hi I’m Mel and I have been fortunate enough to teach yoga classes, workshops and retreats for the past 8 years! My teaching is inspired by many different styles of yoga including Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin and Seasonal Yoga. I integrate both philosophy and anatomy into my teaching, and I am influenced by the seasons and how this relates to the natural cycles in nature, our energy levels, organs in the body and our diet.
My intention is to help people feel great, in both body and mind, and to create a space for you to feel supported and concentrate on your well-being. Above all, my teaching has a real sense of fun and community spirit. We are friendly, we laugh and we don’t take things too seriously!
I am also a Holistic Lifestyle and Nutrition coach, and love helping clients to make positive changes in all elements of their life and well-being. Emotionally, mentally, physically, spiritually and energetically. This holistic approach is something that I incorporate into my teachings and personal life.
A message from Adrienne:
Hi, I’m Adrienne, I’m based in Staffordshire and I teach Hatha yoga, Yin yoga and Yoga Nidra. My teaching philosophy is that yoga is for every body and my classes are lighthearted, welcoming and friendly. Creaky bones and wobbly legs are all welcome!
I hope to provide a warm and welcoming environment in which you have space to explore and nurture your whole self, through movement, breath and meditation, in order to discover your own inner beauty. My aim is to make people feel good in their own skin, to be confident in their abilities and to enjoy being part of a community.
When I’m not on my Yoga mat, I love to get out into nature. Whether walking my dogs, or camping with my family, it’s great to take time to switch off and unwind. I am also often found in the kitchen, I cook to relax and allow my mind to slow down (and the kitchen is where the cake is kept😋).
Book for 2024 Retreats
Please use the booking form below to book your spot. Make sure you have read the details of the accommodation type above and check that only the accommodation you want to book is highlighted before submitting payment.