Camping, Yoga & Paddleboarding Weekend Retreat
6 – 8 May 2022
Camp Plas, Mid Wales
Welcome to a retreat with a difference – taking you back to nature and back to basics.
Allow yourself to connect with your roots, with mother earth. This is a self catering camping retreat during which you’ll be staying in a stunning setting at a greener camping site in Mid Wales, doing plenty of yoga and meditation and paddleboarding at the beautful Lake Vyrnwy.
Everything is outdoors; we have a lovely open sided barn to use for our yoga and meditation practice or plenty of open fields and riverbanks if the weather is kind to us. The setting is absolutely beautiful, completely quiet and wonderful in a valley by a river. All camping pitches are in the meadow by the river (except campervan pitches which are on the next field with stunning views) and as this is a greener camping site, there will only be a few pitches available and oodles of space between pitches. The whole site is booked for the retreat so there will only be people on site who are part of our retreat.
This retreat will be raw and beautiful, filled with making memories, gazing at stars (it is one of the best places for star gazing in the UK!), dancing in the wild flower meadows (if you so choose), feeling the earth beneath your feet and connecting with all elements especially water during the paddleboarding and dips in the river. Come alone or with friends, this will be time to connect and share, to let go of stress and worries and find a real connection – with yourself, with nature and with other like minded people.
*Please note – This is a self-catering retreat, you need to bring your own tent (unless you are staying in the boatshed or one of the two kitted bell tents) and food, which is reflected in the price. However some basic ingredients and snacks are included throughout the retreat. This retreat is inclusive of all with respect to each other.
About the campsite and its owners
Hidden away in the heart of Wales near lake Vyrnwy, Camp Plas is a haven for animal lovers, walkers and those who simply want to get a little closer to nature. Each pitch is nestled within a beautiful wild flower meadow next to river Vyrnwy (apart from campervan pitches which are on the next field), with its own fire pit area that’s perfect for fireside story-telling and star-gazing. Facilities include wonderful warm rain showers, flushing toilets and a communal kitchen area with gas hob, big fridge, kettle and microwave.
The site is a sheep farm which cares for its animals and their welfare. The owners, Charlotte and Barney keep rare breed sheep on site, most of them have names and you might find Charlotte cuddling a sheep from time to time…. They also have 3 dogs and a cat, pigs and plenty of chickens.
You will need to bring your own tent unless you book on for the one glamping hut or one of two kitted bell tents. This is a greener camping site and I can’t emphasise enough what a difference it makes, the pitches are very spacious and beautiful.
For more information about this place:
https://www.camp-plas.com/ or follow them on instagram @camp_plas
Dogs are welcome but must be kept on lead.
Sorry no children under 16 on this retreat.
About the yoga and teacher
I’m Anja, yoga & mindfulness teacher based in Wales. I love nothing more than being in nature, paddleboarding and walking in the beautiful surroundings of my home valleys of Mid Wales. I offer a safe space for your yoga practice, and a nurturing guidance to support your health and wellbeing. Yoga is for every body and every soul – I offer a blend of styles from gentle flow to stronger physical practice and relaxing yin yoga. I am passionate about sharing yoga in the outdoors, embracing the seasons and connecting with nature.
I also want you to have some fun on the mat – not only as a result of my bad jokes but also during your exploration on the mat. A little playful light-heartedness is oh so important for us adults.
On this retreat I am sharing yoga practices which support you with paddleboarding such as core strengtheners, balance and also stretches for the shoulders and arms not to forget breathing practices and focus. Your paddleboarding instructor at the lake is my good friend Emma with whom I run regular 90 minute paddle&stretch sessions at Lake Vyrnwy throughout the year!
Schedule and what to expect
- Arrivals from 14:00 on Friday. You can arrive anytime from 14:00 on Friday to set up camp and chill out. You will receive a welcome drink and a snack pack for the weekend on arrival.
- We have our welcome circle and first yoga session early evening – a flow yoga session to ease your body after the journey, connecting your feet firmly onto the earth, leaving what was behind and arrive in this beautiful place for our weekend together.
- Optional yoga nidra (deep relaxation) under the summer night sky (or barn) later in the evening.
- We will greet the morning with a qigong inspired flow – hopefully in the meadow by the river. Depending on the size of the group there might be 2 morning sessions available as we might have to split the paddleboarding sessions into 2.
- Your guided paddleboard lesson is at Lake Vyrnwy which is about 15 minute drive away. The retreat price includes a 90 minute paddleboard/canoe/kayak hire and lesson (for paddleboarding) from a qualified instructor, Emma.
- You have time to explore the local trails, waterfalls and sample the wonderful cakes at a cafe at Lake Vyrnwy or return back to the campsite to relax, read, take a hot shower or whatever takes your fancy
- On Saturday early evening we have a longer yoga session. This is going to be a nice gentle flow and yin style practice to relax you after an active day.
- On Saturday evening we welcome you to join for a joint meal/bbq and connect with like-minded people or enjoy some quiet time by your tent
- This place is perfect for star gazing so we can enjoy a magical evening under the stars
- We will start Sunday a bit later with a chilled slow flow yoga practice and closing meditation
- Departure on Sunday by 12:00
- You have an option for a second local walk with us after packing your tent and things away or maybe explore other parts of this beautiful place
If you want to stay extra nights before or after the retreat, please let me know and I will guide you on how to book.
Pitch Types and Prices
- Tent/Campervan pitch: £295 if shared with a friend (£147.50 per person) or £195 single occupancy of a whole pitch. Each extra person £100. Maximum 4 people per pitch. You need to bring your own tent/campervan. Max one large tent or 2 small tents per pitch or one campervan per pitch
- Basic kitted bell tent: £345 if shared with a friend (£172.50 per person) or £245 single occupancy of the tent. This tent is on the main camping field by the river and is a 5 meter bell tent set up for you with a high quality double air bed, bedding, towels, table and chairs and outdoor seat. Each extra person £100. Maximum 4 people (one double bed and two singles)
- Fully kitted bell tent: £395 if shared with a friend (£197.50 per person) or £295 single occupancy of the tent. This tent is in the woods in a more secluded location but still close to the site. This is a fully kitted bell tent set up for you with a proper bed, small basic cooking area and its own private compost toilet. Please note, there are steps to this tent and it is about 200 meters from the shower block. This is for someone who wants a little bit more privacy. Each extra person £100. Maximum 4 people (one double bed and two singles) .
- Glamping hut/boatshed: £445 for maximum 2 people (£222.50 per person), no discounts for single occupancy. This is the real deal, a stunning hut with its own balcony overlooking the river. It is beautifully decorated with its own bed, bedding, kitchen, log burner, private toilet in the hut. The hut also has its own private beach by the river. Here is the link to the boatshed: https://www.camp-plas.com/the-boatshed
Deposit of £80 is payable on booking, final balance is 60 days before retreat (payment plans available -please get in touch to discuss). Please see full terms and conditions here.
What is included
- 2 nights in this stunning greener camping camp site with so much space
- Use of communal areas for cooking, beautiful warm rain showers and flushing toilets.
- All yoga classes and workshops stated in the programme throughout the retreat
- Paddleboard hire and paddleboard lesson
- Fire wood on each pitch
- Welcome drink and cake and welcome snacks such as granola bars, fruit and nuts.
- Basic cooking ingredients: eggs, porridge oats, granola, local jam and honey, yogi teas, coffees throughout the retreat. Spices and herbs for cooking and basic ingredients such as pulses, rice and pasta
What is not included
- Tent (unless you are staying in one of the two kitted bell tents or glamping hut)
- Food – this retreat is self catering but I will provide some ingredients and snacks as stated above.
- Travel to and from the retreat.
- Travel insurance
Camping, yoga and paddleboarding weekend retreat
Friday 6 – Sunday 8 May 2022
Make your initial booking below and pay the non refundable deposit (£80) to secure your spot. Please read the T&Cs for full information.