Family Camping & Yoga Retreat at Camp Plas
This is a retreat with a difference – taking you back to nature and back to basics.
Allow yourself to connect with your roots, with mother earth. This is a self catering camping retreat for families during which you’ll be staying in a stunning setting at a greener camping site, doing plenty of yoga and meditation, craft workshops, splashing in the river for a wild swim and going for nature walks.
Everything is outdoors; we have a lovely open sided barn to use for yoga or plenty of open fields and riverbanks if the weather is kind to us. The setting is absolutely beautiful, completely quiet and wonderful in a valley by a river. All camping pitches are in the meadow by the river (except campervan pitches which are on the next field) and as this is a greener camping site, there will only be a few pitches available and lots of space between tents.
This retreat will be raw and beautiful, filled with making memories, gazing stars, dancing in the wild flower meadows (if you so choose), feeling the earth beneath your feet and connecting with all elements. Bring your family, this will be time to connect and share, to let go and find a real connection.
Please note – This is a self catering retreat, you need to bring your own tent and food, which is reflected in the price. However some basic ingredients are included. This retreat is inclusive of all so vegetables, meat, eggs and dairy will be present on site. This is also a sheep farm which cares for its animals and their welfare.
Hidden away in the heart of Wales, Camp Plas is a haven for animal lovers, children, walkers and those who simply want to get a little closer to nature. Each pitch is nestled within a beautiful wild flower meadow next to river Vyrnwy (apart from campervan pitches which are on the next field), with its own fire pit area that’s perfect for fireside story-telling and star-gazing. Facilities include wonderful warm showers, communal kitchen area with gas hob, and flushing toilets. The weekend is for us and there won’t be anyone else staying on site.
You will need to bring your own tent unless you book on for the one glamping hut which is absolutely stunning. This is a greener camping site and as a special treat for my first retreat you will receive the Greener Camping Club annual membership (one per pitch – value £10) which allows you to stay at other Greener Camping Club sites throughout the year.
For more information about this place:
Dogs are welcome but must be kept on lead.
This is a family retreat so please note there will be plenty of children on site during the retreat 🙂
Schedule and what to expect
- Arrivals from 14:00 on Friday. You can arrive anytime from 14:00 on Friday to set up camp and chill out. You will receive a welcome drink on arrival.
- We will gather together on Friday evening to connect and arrive, leaving what was behind and arrive in this beautiful place for our weekend and plant our feet firmly to the earth. There will be yoga&meditation sessions available on Friday evening (the schedule will be displayed on site on arrival as it depends on number of people attending the retreat and the age group of children)
- Saturday will be a festival feel day with activities throughout the day both for children and adults but with plenty of time to relax too. The day will consist of: Early morning yoga session for adults, yoga and craft sessions for children, nature walks and nature crafts, wild swimming, storytelling, meditation sessions. We will offer variety of times to choose from to suit your family needs.
- We will close Saturday evening by a joint campfire (if circumstances and weather allows) and mythical story telling
- This place is perfect for star gazing so you can enjoy a magical evening under the stars. Optional yoga nidra is also on offer for those wanting a deep relaxation
- We will start Sunday a bit later with a chilled slow flow yoga practice for adults and children. There is an opportunity to go for a local walk (not guided) or just have a chilled Sunday morning, dipping in for a wild swim in the river or connect with others . We will finish the weekend retreat with a closing gathering and meditation at 13:00. Departure on Sunday by 14:00.
Lake Vyrnwy is located only 15 minute drive away from the site offering water sports (paddleboarding, kayak and canoe) for adults and children. As my friends run the hire place I can organise hire in advance as the site can get quite busy in the summer. This is at an extra cost. There are also lovely walks by the lake and I can recommend routes and places to visit after the retreat.
If you want to stay extra nights before or after the retreat, please let me know and I will guide you on how to book.
- Pitch price £295 for whole pitch
- Glamping hut £395 (this hut has its own balcony overlooking the river, bed, bedding, kitchen, log burner, private toilet in the hut and own dedicated shower in the shower block)
- Deposit of £80 is payable on booking, final balance is 60 days before retreat (payment plans available -please get in touch to discuss). Please see full terms and conditions here.
What is included
- 2 nights in this stunning greener camping camp site
- Use of communal areas for cooking, shower and flushing toilets.
- All yoga and meditation sessions, workshops and activities for adults and children
- Some basic ingredients such as fresh eggs from site, porridge oats, spices and herbs for cooking, local jams, honey, herbal teas, coffee
What is not included
- Tent (unless you are staying in the glamping hut)
- Food – this retreat is self catering but I will provide some ingredients and snacks as stated above. This enables me to run the retreat even if restrictions are in place. The site sells some local produce such as meat for BBQs and snacks.
- Travel to and from the retreat.
- Travel insurance
About the yoga and teachers
I teamed up on this retreat with the wonderful Julia Hankins – a children’s and family yoga teacher. We will both offer sessions throughout the retreat and there will be separate and joint yoga and meditation for adults and children. A chance for adults to unwind whilst the children are being entertained and plenty of yoga and craft activities for children too. You will receive a short form to fill about a month before the retreat to enable us to plan the activities based on the ages of the children. All ages are welcome!
You will find more about Julia on her webiste here Julia Hankins Wellbeing
A hello from Anja
I’m Anja, adults yoga&mindfulness teacher based in Wales. I offer a safe space for your practice, and a nurturing guidance to support your health and wellbeing. Yoga is for every body and every soul – I offer a blend of styles from gentle flow to stronger physical practice and relaxing yin yoga. I also want you to have some fun on the mat – not only as a result of my bad jokes but also during your exploration on the mat. A little playful light-heartedness is oh so important for us adults. I am passionate about sharing yoga in the outdoors, embracing the seasons and connecting with nature. Growing up around the forests in Finland, I aim to share this passion for true connection to nature with you.
I am also a fairy and elfin artist and love sharing my magical and mythical stories and makes with you – whether you are an adult or a child!
A hello from Julia
Hi! I’m Julia children and family yoga teacher!
I am a mom of two and am passionate about all things wellbeing and wildlife!
My background is in education- I am also a Well-Being Education Consultant. I also used to be a volunteer educator for Warwickshire Wildlife trust and have been a qualified primary teacher for 20 years.
My yoga and mindfulness sessions with children and families are built around connection- with ourselves and each other. I weave in themes about nature and love to include mindful craft activities into my sessions.
I can’t wait to share some yoga fun with you and your family!
Initial Booking – Family camping & yoga weekend retreat
Friday 13 August – Sunday 15 August 2021
Make your initial booking below and pay the deposit (£80) to secure your spot or pay your full balance straight away. Please note all new bookings after 14 June 2021 require full payment on booking. Please read the T&Cs for further information.
Final Balance – Family camping & yoga weekend retreat
Friday 13 August – Sunday 15 August 2021
Use this form if you have paid your deposit on booking and need to pay your final balance. Do not use this form for a new booking.